Tuesday, August 18, 2026
Fathomless Gaming
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Featured News
  • Popular Games
  • Gaming Reviews
  • New Released
  • Platforms
    • PC
    • Mobile
    • Playstation
    • Xbox
  • ESports
  • Crypto Gaming
  • Home
  • Featured News
  • Popular Games
  • Gaming Reviews
  • New Released
  • Platforms
    • PC
    • Mobile
    • Playstation
    • Xbox
  • ESports
  • Crypto Gaming
No Result
View All Result
Fathomless Gaming
No Result
View All Result

Doom co-creator’s canceled game may be saved as new publishers look to get it “across the finish line”

July 8, 2025
in PC
Reading Time: 2 mins read
0 0
A A
0
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter



Final week’s gut-wrenching flurry of sport cancellations and layoffs as a consequence of Microsoft’s Xbox Recreation Studios cuts did not simply have an effect on the corporate’s owned, first-party studios. Third-party builders, like Romero Video games, had been impacted too. The studio shaped by Doom co-creator John Romero introduced that funding for its upcoming, triple-A FPS sport had been pulled, and dozens of devs introduced they had been being let go, with some claiming the entire studio was shutting down. Nonetheless, there is a glimmer of hope for Romero Video games and its new undertaking, because the studio has simply launched a brand new assertion clarifying that the studio hasn’t absolutely closed and that different publishers have reached out which can be “all in favour of serving to us convey the sport throughout the end line.”

The Xbox cuts have been actually savage. Lots of of builders are going to lose their jobs, and a few long-awaited initiatives just like the Good Darkish reboot, Uncommon’s Everwild, and an formidable sci-fi sport from Zenimax On-line Studios had been all shelved. Whereas Romero Video games hasn’t explicitly confirmed that Xbox Recreation Studios was backing its new undertaking, the coincidentally timed cancelation of its subsequent sport and claims from staff strongly recommended that it was affected too. Whereas little or no was recognized about it apart from it was a first-person shooter, Romero’s repute for serving to form video games like Doom and Quake was sufficient to make it one of the thrilling upcoming PC video games.

Regardless of some claims from staff (after which subsequent reviews by the media) that the studio was letting all of its workforce go and would shut, Romer Video games has simply launched an announcement clarifying that it has not been shuttered and that it is at the moment in talks to avoid wasting its undertaking.

“Romero Video games will not be closed, and we’re doing every little thing in our energy to make sure that it doesn’t come to that,” the assertion says. “Any suggestion in any other case is factually incorrect. Certainly, we had been within the studio at the moment to debate subsequent steps with the workforce.

“We have been contacted by a number of publishers all in favour of serving to us convey the sport throughout the end line, and we’re at the moment evaluating these alternatives.”

This new FPS sport has been within the works since 2022, and whereas it isn’t obtained to the stage the place Romero Video games has absolutely revealed it or proven off gameplay, you’d count on a good quantity of progress to have been made in that point. Romero’s repute for creating superb shooters, the triple-A scope, and the truth that Xbox was compelled sufficient to again it initially little question makes it an attention-grabbing prospect for these new publishers. Hopefully the suitable deal is struck, as a result of it is one that might doubtlessly avoid wasting or all the jobs which can be set to be misplaced at Romero Video games.



Source link

Tags: CanceledcocreatorsDoomfinishFPSgameLINEpublisherssaved
Previous Post

Romero Games Says It’s Not Dead, But Looking For A New Publisher After Xbox Layoffs

Next Post

Mecha Break’s futuristic details extend deep into the bathroom

Next Post
Mecha Break’s futuristic details extend deep into the bathroom

Mecha Break’s futuristic details extend deep into the bathroom

Samsung and Epic Games Call a Truce In App Store Lawsuit – Slashdot

Samsung and Epic Games Call a Truce In App Store Lawsuit - Slashdot

Crocs Launching “First-Ever” Collaboration With Animal Crossing, Out Next Month

Crocs Launching "First-Ever" Collaboration With Animal Crossing, Out Next Month

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Fisch Codes – All Working Codes, Updated Daily!

Fisch Codes – All Working Codes, Updated Daily!

November 9, 2024
Welcome to Origins Postseason 16

Welcome to Origins Postseason 16

March 18, 2026
Best Minecraft seeds 2026 – updated for 26.1

Best Minecraft seeds 2026 – updated for 26.1

May 25, 2026
Attack on Titan Tribute Game 2 Brings Fan-Made Titan Battles to Android

Attack on Titan Tribute Game 2 Brings Fan-Made Titan Battles to Android

July 28, 2026
Guide to Abiotic Factor Portal Worlds and Renewable Resources | TechRaptor

Guide to Abiotic Factor Portal Worlds and Renewable Resources | TechRaptor

July 31, 2025
Reinventing Extraction: Inside Delta Force’s Most Ambitious Map Yet – XBOX Wire

Reinventing Extraction: Inside Delta Force’s Most Ambitious Map Yet – XBOX Wire

July 1, 2026
Saber CEO Makes Rideshare’s Undisclosed AI Mess Even Worse

Saber CEO Makes Rideshare’s Undisclosed AI Mess Even Worse

August 13, 2026
Saber CEO scorns writer who says she was fired in favor of AI with confusing, combative statement

Saber CEO scorns writer who says she was fired in favor of AI with confusing, combative statement

August 13, 2026
After 2 Years, My Hero Academia’s Creator Finally Returns With a Near-Perfect Follow-Up

After 2 Years, My Hero Academia’s Creator Finally Returns With a Near-Perfect Follow-Up

August 12, 2026
You won’t be playing Dawn of War 4 in September, as launch date gets pushed back

You won’t be playing Dawn of War 4 in September, as launch date gets pushed back

August 12, 2026
Warner Bros confirms Hogwarts Legacy 2 is in development

Warner Bros confirms Hogwarts Legacy 2 is in development

August 13, 2026
“He just thought he wouldn’t get caught”: Dota 2 coach Astini on the larger match-fixing, cheating problems in South America behind TaiLung’s ban

“He just thought he wouldn’t get caught”: Dota 2 coach Astini on the larger match-fixing, cheating problems in South America behind TaiLung’s ban

August 13, 2026
Facebook Twitter Instagram Youtube RSS
Fathomless Gaming

Stay ahead in the gaming world with Fathomless Gaming. Get the latest gaming news, in-depth reviews, esports highlights, and industry insights—all in one place. Explore everything from AAA titles to indie games and stay connected to the pulse of gaming culture.

CATEGORIES

  • Crypto Gaming
  • ESports
  • Featured News
  • Gaming Reviews
  • Mobile
  • New Released
  • PC
  • Playstation
  • Popular Games
  • Xbox
No Result
View All Result

SITEMAP

  • About Us
  • Advertise with Us
  • Disclaimer
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA
  • Cookie Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Contact Us

Copyright © 2024 Fathomless Gaming.
Fathomless Gaming is not responsible for the content of external sites.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Featured News
  • Popular Games
  • Gaming Reviews
  • New Released
  • Platforms
    • PC
    • Mobile
    • Playstation
    • Xbox
  • ESports
  • Crypto Gaming

Copyright © 2024 Fathomless Gaming.
Fathomless Gaming is not responsible for the content of external sites.